Sunday, January 29, 2017

Medium Specificity

Tea Party Prezi Presentation 

Artist/Teacher Statement

I personally think that Prezi presentations are a lot more engaging than regular power point presentations, just because there is so much you can do with them. Like power point presentations, it’s important that Prezi is used effectively, not just a way to use technology for the sake of using technology. I could totally see my future students using prezi for assignments, but it does cost money. I wonder if schools would look into subscribing to allow students to have access. Prezi is a little difficult to navigate if you aren’t familiar with it, but after spending a solid amount of time figuring things out, it became easer and easier. I love food, and I love tea parties, so I thought it would be fun to create a digital recipe book with all the recipes you need to throw a successful tea party. It would be convenient because you could just pull the presentation up on a tablet/laptop and keep it near while preparing all of the food.  Everything is organized and right at your fingertips.  If future students were to use prezi, they could use it for all sorts of different things including book reports, an explanation of a thesis/paper etc. Prezi allows more creative freedom than powerpoint, but there are also outlines to follow if you don’t want to start from scratch. I started from scratch just because I thought it would be more fun, and because it would help me really grasp the skills needed to create a prezi presentation.  

1 comment:

  1. Cool ideas about incorporating prezi in the classroom. How does your project say something about the medium you chose to explore (prezi presentations)?

    ReplyDelete